Nutty, the bunny who didn't want to stay

>> Wednesday, May 03, 2006

During the christmas/new year period we often get pet rabbits wandering around our garden. We have a strong suspicion the owners release them when they go for their long holidays. We found Nutty wandering around the garden this January. It was obviously looking for company because he would tease us and run rings around us. He was very tame and we were able to pick him up for a cuddle without too much resistance. It appeared Nutty seem afraid of height and would stay put on the chair without trying to jump.

At first, we just let Nutty wander around and did not try to restrict his movement. He would disappear for 2 weeks and then reappear and hang around for a day or two. Then I started noticing that he was having fights with the wild rabbit. I am sure they were territorial fights because Nutty started marking his territory by splaying the grass and his ears were getting scratched. I decided that I will keep Nutty as my pet so kept it in the house for the day. That evening I took him outside and left him in an open box so that he could eat some grass. Boy.... can he jump because the sides of the box was very high.

Nutty obviously think we are not that rabbit friendly. In trying to restrict his freedom, he does not come visit us anymore.



do I look like a stuff toy...

see my Bugs Bunny teeth....

this is bliss....


look at my big feet....


I could get use to this.....


having a rest from all those cuddling...


it's a lot safer up here....

2 comments:

Shereen December 12, 2011 7:29 pm  

How did I miss this post!Aww..Nutty is/was so cute.I am sure he belongs to someone as he's too cute to be a wild rabbit ( huh,make sense?..hahaha).

Sinner December 12, 2011 9:28 pm  

I think he is one of those escapees. He gets into awful fights with those wild rabbits. But he was indeed very cute.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP