Fuji Apple Tree

>> Monday, March 16, 2009

I love the apples from this tree. The Fuji apple is so sweet and succulent. I am leaving the fruits on the tree as long as possible to give it a chance to mature more. It is a small tree and I have tried to cover most of the fruits with garlic nets and newspaper. Hopefully the birds dont' beat me to the apples.

Of the three apple trees I have, Fuji have to be my favourite.

Fuji Apple
Waiting for the fruit to turn completely red before picking


Garlic nets are used to protect the fruit from birds. It is a tight squeeze but some of the apples are not that big


2 comments:

Lady Lavender March 17, 2009 1:24 pm  

Hey Sinner -- loved your No8 technology using garlic nets! I just brought back a bag full of apples too from Mahurangi where my in laws have a bach...they taste lovely -- tart/sweet! My favourite apple is Pacific Rose!

Sinner March 17, 2009 2:21 pm  

Lady L,
You are more than welcome to help yourself to the apples from my trees before the birds get them all. I don't have Pacific Rose though. haha ;)

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP