Winter Chore - pruning roses

>> Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A yearly chore which I don't really look forward to but has to be done. Nowadays I have gotten smarter. I know roses are very hardy and whichever way you prune them, they come out smelling like roses - it doesn't hurt them.

All done !

So... instead of taking a week to prune all the roses, I have shorten the time to just 2 days.

First I use the hedge clipper and lopper to give them a quick haircut. Then I go round with the secateur for a tidy up. I started yesterday and this morning, all done - all 30+ of them. Had to hurry as there is a band of bad weather coming from tomorrow !

Less to prune this year as I dugged out 6 of the not so pretty ones.

2 comments:

Shereen July 26, 2011 11:49 pm  

Goodness me...hard at work!...30+ rose bushes?You got to be kidding!!!!

Sinner July 27, 2011 8:45 pm  

When they are blooming, 30+ is not that many but....pruning !?...that is a different kettle of fish ! Ouch...my poor back ! lol

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP